Marketing and Communications Specialist
Six-month temporary position through Dec. 31, 2018
City Arts is currently spinning off from our original publisher and becoming an independent startup. We are seeking a communications specialist to develop our initial marketing strategy and manage our communications efforts.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist is a six-month temporary position involving management and coordination of marketing activities, including the launch of our new membership program, event promotions, marketing of editorial content and print issue, and support B2B efforts. This position reports to the Publisher & CEO, and starts immediately.
- Design and execute marketing strategy for membership campaigns, events, special issues and online editorial content
- Manage all marketing, promotional and sponsored social media and email mailing list activities
- Manage production of all print and digital marketing materials for events, membership campaigns, and member and investor relations
- Draft text for all external communications and marketing materials
- Manage paid and trade advertising placements with external media
- Establish a press relations strategy and pitch stories that support membership and fundraising efforts.
- Collaborate with CEO and other team members on development of membership programs for individuals, corporate businesses and community organizations
- Work with CEO to conduct outreach to partner organizations and their communities, as well as to business and political leaders
- Cultivate strategic speaking opportunities and appearances by City Arts leadership
- Manage communications team members, including in-house Member Liaison / Social Media Specialist and freelance graphic designers
- Collaborate with a contract technology consultant on the development of web assets
Ideal candidates will have experience managing organizational and marketing campaigns, a familiarity with the local arts and business communities, experience managing other team members, strong writing skills, a high attention to detail and familiarity with design process and project management. This position pays $5,600 – $7,000 per month (DOE), plus benefits.
If interested, please send qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled.
City Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. City Arts does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
We contract a number of City Arts fans each year to help at our events. Events Team members help with set-up and breakdown, taking tickets, house managing, and more. Joining the Events Team is great way to get involved with the City Arts community, and to meet artists city-wide. Event Team members are paid on an hourly basis, DOE.
If you’re interested in applying for the Events Team, send an email to email@example.com. In your response, please include:
- Your general availability
- Seattle neighborhoods where you live or to which you can easily commute
- Professional background, including your experience or interest in the arts
- If you are over 21 years of age (some of our events have age limitations)
City Arts lovers, students, music enthusiasts and artists of all kinds are encouraged to apply.